[Harp-L] Sonny Terry Trilogy

Hi Gang, this is my FINAL part of the Sonny Terry trilogy exploring the various styles of Sonny Terry. Hope it it is useful to you, it was fun doing it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF_DNExW7S0&feature=player_embedded

Here’s what some of the harmonica gurus told us:

Howard Levy www.levyland.com
“Ben, very cool - thanks for sending this to me. I look forward to listening to the audio. I'll have to learn some woops and wees - I'll surprise you!  All the best in everything, Howard.”

Richard Hunter www.hunterharp.com
“Ben Hewlett's book is an invaluable tool for harmonica players.  Every harmonica player with an interest in the work of Sonny Terry, one of the most extraordinary blues harmonica artists of all time, should read this book!”
Author, "Jazz Harp"

Winslow Yerxa
“Ben Hewlett has created a valuable resource for anyone who wants to crack the code of Sonny Terry’s amazing harmonica playing. The tabbed and notated licks together with the CD will repay close study. Ben wisely doesn’t attempt to supply details that are unknowable; he just gives you what you need to get a thorough grounding.” Author, Harmonica For Dummies ISBN 978-0-470-33729-5

Jon Gindick www.gindick.com
“Ben Hewlett's book and cd on the riffs and techniques of Sonny Terry will make great study companion for all developing harp players. Terry was a master of rhythm and phrasing, and Hewlett helps beginners turn simple patterns into complex ones. Although the material ranges from simple to complex, there is no doubt in my mind that beginning players will benefit from this project.”

Joe Filisko www.filisko.com
“What could possibly be better than a book dedicated to the study of Sonny Terry? How about THREE books! ! ! Check them all out. You are not likely to be disappointed”.

Brendan Power www.brendan-power.com
“Hearing Sonny Terry play blues harp was my inspiration to play harmonica, and I still love to play straight ahead, no-nonsense Blues”

Pat Missin www.patmissin.com
“Wish you could take private lessons with blues harp legend Sonny Terry? Yeah - me too! Maybe when we get to that big jam session in the sky, then our wishes will come true, but in the meantime do yourself a favour and check out the latest offering from Ben Hewlett and Paul Lennon: even more riffs in the style of Sonny, dotted out in both standard notation and tab, enough to keep you busy until... well, until the next volume comes out!”

Paul Lassey www.coursedharmonica.fr “Ben, Thanks very much for your book! One more a great job! It's very progressive and very precise. Congratulations for this awesome work! I like it! I hope that the members will enjoy it on my advice; -)”

Many thanks

Ben
Ben Hewlett
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx