[Harp-L] Band-in-a-Box Jam Track Tutorial -- 3 of 3

[Continued from Previous Post]
[Sorry for the delay, folks. I initially sent this with the wrong return email address, and it didn't make it onto the list with the others.]

Let's adjust the instrumentation.  Because we can.

At the very top of the screen are names of instruments.  Click on 'Piano'.

To the right of the instrument names is a small (white) block of text with square "buttons" under it numbered 1-10. When *I* click on button number 1, I get 'acoustic piano', which I prefer over the (my) previous 'rock organ'.

I don't love any of the bass selections, but select on 'Bass', and try a few by clicking on the numbered buttons while your song is playing.

Personally, I have not yet found a guitar offering that I like.  You can adjust the volume of any instrument by selecting it, and then clicking on one of the depicted piano keys (near the top): Left-most for volume 0, right-most for volume max.

In the process of writing this, I just found that you can right-click on an instrument and get a pop-up menu with additional options, including 'Mute'.  High time!

---
You can change the tempo:  Back in the area where we changed the number of choruses, look for 't = 120'.  (The actual number may differ.)  Hover the mouse cursor over the number.  If you squint, you can see that it offers you +1, +5, -1, or -5 depending on the exact vertical position of the mouse cursor.  Click to adjust the number of beats per minute.

---
Let's change the key: To the left of 't = 120', you should see the letter 'C'.  For the sake of practice, let's change the key to 'E'.  Click on the 'C'.  There will be a drop-down menu of keys, Select 'E'.  When you see the pop-up window asking if it's 'OK to transpose Lead sheet?' select 'Yes'.

---
Finally, lets save our work:  Click on the icon labeled 'Save As'.  (It's below the piano keyboard(s), fourth from the right.)

I called mine, "Blues in E".

===
My apologies for the length of these posts. I don't intend to make a habit of it.  I hope it will be seen as an investment:  Now that we've done this much, the rest should be refinements (I hope), and question-and-answer posts should be shorter.

I welcome both questions and corrections, on- and off-list. Please do not include the entire text of my posts in your reply/response.  Thank you.

Elizabeth (aka "Tin Lizzie")