Re: [Harp-L] Invited!

Elizabeth Hess writes:
Thank you, Michelle!

I should clarify, though:  It wasn't using Band-in-a-Box for a week
that got me to the point of being invited to sit in for a couple of
songs at a "real" gig.

I have been studying harp for 2 1/2 years.  I have attended several of
Jon Gindick's Harmonica Jam Camps...<major clippage>
Aw, Elizabeth, I'm sorry to have not made my "tongue-in-cheekness" obvious enough in implying that BIAB did the magic that got you invited to play, and that if I simply used it, within a week I'd be vastly improved, too. Maybe my "winky" emoticon didn't come through on your e-mail client or something.

I was joking of course, knowing how seriously you've approached your harmonica pursuits since I first recall you emerging on the "L." Its been clear from the beginning how earnest your questions have been. When you told us about your recent pilgrimage to study with Richard Sleigh, that pretty much cemented your position in the advanced ranks of the die-hard harmonica nuts like many of us on Harp-L. There's no question in my mind about your commitment to or personal investment in our beloved instrument.

Next time I'll be more careful. :-)

Michelle