[Harp-L] Gary Lehman at the Cosmopolitan Hotel, Old Town, San Diego

I was in San Diego this week, and I dropped by the Cosmoplitan Hotel last night to get dinner and hear harp-L list member Gary Lehman sing and play.

The Cosmopolitan's restaurant was a real surprise.  The menu was moderately priced, very inventive, and brilliantly prepared.  The place is well worth a visit for dinner alone.

Gary's singing is solid, and his playing on guitar and mandolin was terrific.  He uses a looper (or two) very effectively for self-accompaniment, and his soloing on guitar and harmonica was fluent in a wide range of styles.  We had a blast playing a few tunes together, and the owner made a point of thanking me afterwards, which was in keeping with the generally gracious vib of the place.

I think Gary plays 3 nights a week at the Cosmopolitan.  For dinner with music in San Diego, the place is a no-brainer.  You can learn more about it here:

http://www.oldtowncosmopolitan.com/
And here:
 http://maps.google.com/maps/place?rlz=1T4GZAZ_enUS245US246&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=cosmopolitan+hotel+old+town&fb=1&gl=us&hq=cosmopolitan+hotel+old+town&hnear=San+Diego,+CA&cid=15794912957384143633

Regards, Richard Hunter