[Harp-L] How fast can a harmonica be played compared to other instruments?

I was wondering if anyone has studied the response time of harmonica
compared to other instruments?   Is there a measurable limit to how fast a
sequence of notes can be executed on a diatonic or chromatic compared to say
a piano, trumpet,  sax or violin?  I would imagine that a chromatic harp
would have to be slower than a diatonic if only because of the slide
introducing some delay.   Are there studies comparing other musical
instruments in this way even if harmonica was not included?