[Harp-L] Best Harmonica - Tunes and Songs

I've been too busy to completely follow this thread so I apologize in
advance if I am repetitive of other posters.  For a schlock player like me,
the easiest harp for simple melodies is a solo tuned.  I like them for
simple country and hymns.  The little Hering Master Soloist is a great buy
and a wonderful harp.  Kind of small and hard to get used to but smooth as
glass.  Best solo tuned harp I have found to date.

For standards, jazzy stuff, etc.  I like the Melody Maker.  I have both LO's
and a custom Mike Peace Custom SP 20 in this tuning.  You can do things with
them that it would take years to master in other tunings.  If you are
already a comfortable second position player trying to stretch out of blues
into standards, you will find the missing notes there for many melodies
without heavy duty bends or OB's.  I really prefer my MP SP20 to the  LO's
though frankly, as the LO's get broken in and I get used to them, I am
developing a respect for them.  Seem to be built like a tank and very
predictable.  What you blow is what you get.

Bill Kumpe
Tulsa, OK