[Harp-L] RE: Harp-L Digest, Vol 86, Issue 4

Rick Dempster said:  The worst fake US accents can be heard on British TV
shows. Don't know why they bother; don't know why it is either.

I agree.  "Foyle's War" is one of my favorites from the "Beeb."  In one of
the last episodes to air on PBS last season, the tortured villian was an
American Air Force officer.  The accent was so bad that it nearly ruined
what was otherwise a well produced drama.  Mandatory harp/musical content
point no. 1, a bad fake accent does the same thing for a musical performance
for me.  Mandatory harp/musical content point no. 2, The "Beeb" producers
seem to not use nearly as much harp background as we hear in productions
from the US and other countries.  Maybe they're too highbrow?

Bill Kumpe
Tulsa, OK