Re: [Harp-L] Re:needs some help...

Warren Bee wrote:
<Richard, there was no insult of any kind intended by my statements. I
<included the term human nature. We all do things with expectations in
<return. There was no questioning of motives. My liberal use of quotation
<marks is also nothing to be so defensive about, friend. Perhaps a bit
<awkwardly put but the point I was trying to make is that people and
<organizations that make a living/some income from the harmonica community
<are a bit different than a non profit entity trying to carry on a tradition.

Since no offense was intended, no apology is necessary, unless it's mine for jumping to conclusions. So I apologize for jumping to conclusions.

I stand by my statement that change is necessary for any organization to survive, and there's been little or no change at SPAH for the last decade.  The organization's non profit status doesn't exempt it from the need to change in order to stay relevant in a changing world. And I haven't seen any changes in a while.

I appreciate that SPAH isn't flush with cash. But if cash is the issue, here's an idea: how about putting someone in charge of fund raising, which is a pretty common role in most non-profits, but isn't listed on SPAH's board of directors?

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick