From: Mark Earley <harmonika13@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: October 4, 2010 11:27:38 AM PDT
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Turner Crystal 22X mic

A friend gave me a Turner Crystal 22X microphone that was moldering away in a basement for 40 + years. I tried it the other night and it sounds great. Does anyone have any experience in modifying this microphone? I'd like to add a volume knob. Also, what is the best way to eliminate the moldy basement smell from the mic and jack? Any customizers out there recommend rewiring the whole thing or do I lose something by replacing the original crystal element? Any advice is appreciated.

Mark