Re: [Harp-L] volunteers and harmonica festivals

Larger is not always 'Better', I have no interest in a get together with
22,000 people. 400 hundred is fine with me, lots of hands on and social
networking in a group this size.

The 'spontaneous factor' is what I feel makes Spah, Buckeye & GSHC so
successful......I like SPAH and feel they do tremendous work in preserving
and advancing our instrument. Totally Professional in my book. I trust in
our Leadership and they never let you down. You get out of the convention
what you put into it. The players and goods are there you make up and plan
your days and night around it and have FUN while you learn thru osmosis
baby!

'Business Models' are what I like to stay way from, they are predictable and
boring and for people that like all their ducks in a row!

Kudos to to Tom Stryker & Val Redler and Danny G for all their productive
work in the field w/o pay! Lighten up folks......we are here cuz we love
harmonica....turn it into a corporate org and I'm outta here!,-)

Last year I asked Howard Levy if he would stop in 'impromptu' to GSHC and he
was on the roster or in the brochure, he taught he played and he gave it his
all....these are established orgs and reputable in the harmonica world run
by the best.......we are lucky to have them, please don't whine and take
them for granted.

Enjoy the train show Mark. See y'all at GSHC fest in Nov!

Al the best,
Rob Paparozzi
Www.robpaparozzi.com

On 10/4/10 9:56 PM, "Cahebay@xxxxxxx" <Cahebay@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> All I keep seeing is volunteer, in capitals , in quotes, excuses  for
>  not doing much cause they volunteer, not being paid, etc..
>
>  Check out the Amherst railroad group, They put on a spectacular
>  annual event for model railroad lovers.
>  100% VOLUNTEERS , 90% WHO ARE SENIORS!!
>  They put on the Big E convention in now 6 huge buildings
>  drawing over 22,000 paid persons who attend the couple days.
>  up to 6 months before the January event they have ALL  information
>  posted in pdf's
>  -floor plans -dealer listings -seminars and workshops and so on
>  I have already purchased my wrist band to attend Saturday in  JAN.
>  I KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT from this get together.
> Who , what, were and when!
>  I also understand due to circumstances a seminar may change.
>  they keep updating their posted information so I may up date as
> well.
> This is their Website link : _http://www.railroadhobbyshow.com/_
> (http://www.railroadhobbyshow.com/)
> go see for yourself check out all the drop down menus providing
> ALL the information you need to know.
> That is why they pull in over 22,000 people each year  and Harmonica
> festivals that do not do this pull in only 400 or less people a year,  the
> same niche group each year,
>   Harmonica Festivals CAN pull in over 2,000 attendees if they  learn
> from Amherst and other such 100% volunteer groups of Seniors who
> are so well organized like a well oiled machine.
> Regards
> Mark

All the best,
Rob Paparozzi

email:
chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rob¹s Web Page:
http://robpaparozzi.com

Rob on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=7055110088

Come follow Rob on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/thehoneydripper

Rob¹s My Space (check for upcoming Gigs!)
http://www.myspace.com/hudsonriverrats

Rob on Reverbnation:
http://www.reverbnation.com/#/robpaparozzi

Rob¹s Session Sites: