Re: [Harp-L] NYC's Washington Square Sunday Bluegrass Sessions

Hey Trip, that was trippy!

Didn't know of Bob Gurland, but he's incredible!

On Oct 8, 2010, at 1:44 PM, Trip Henderson wrote:

Hey y'all,

I'm attaching a link to a fairly amusing youtube clip from what's become an
annual reunion of NYC's Washington Square Sunday Bluegrass Sessions that
date back to the days when Dylan was still in short pants. This is your
classic impromptu session with some really fun players, the stand out being
Bob Gurland who is a phenomenal mouth trumpet player, yes you heard me
right, mouth trumpet. He's worked with the best in Jazz and replaced Bobby
McFerrin in *Jon Hendricks band. There's a silly harp mouth trumpet duet
along the way - funny stuff!!!*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMlj64wMt-I

And below is link to my new favorite band that I'm working with called The
Whistling Wolves. Check out the live tracks on the "Band Profile" section
if you like acoustic harp in a down home setting.
--
Trip Henderson
http://www.facebook.com/trip.henderson