Re: [Harp-L] TheWonderful Internet

Let’s see.... 1,638,204+ views on YouTube for “Classical Medley” by Buddy Greene would mean (I think) quite a bit of Harmonica Ambassadorship and all ‘round “good vibrations” for the little diatonic harp.

Why, heck! That kind of positive exposure might even be considered as working toward the Preservation and Advancement of the Harmonica.....BUT...

Perhaps your right; ignorant, uneducated and musically-incorrect peons that use sobriquets such as “Little Walter” or “Muddy Waters” or “Jimmy” or “Buck” or “Sonny-boy” ... or “Buddy” are nothing more than a sop to the great, unwashed public.  (You know to whom I refer; “those” people... the ones seeking entertainment and joy rather than enlightenment and TRUTH!)

After all, that Will Shakespeare clod was nothing but a scribbler for the masses and look how "out of hand" THAT regrettable pretender became!

As for myself - I’m just a 63-year-old harmonica-hack who has made music for my own enjoyment with voice, brass, keyboards, strings & now harp since I was thirteen.  I’m also a stern, opinionated, surly and (according to some) nasty old man.

Fortunately, I have no “class” - so I’m able to wallow in (and enjoy) the obvious good-humor, winning personality, musicality and appealing performances of such trashy “wannabes” as Buddy Greene.

To answer your question: Yeah... it’s pretty much just you....

Surly-Mac

"They told me to 'get a life', so... I bought a blues harp."
surly-mac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx