Re: [Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 86, Issue 23

I think Robert has the high school geek vs the quarterback mentality.
He works hard and is one of the best at what he does, classical
harmonica.  But the layperson's image of classical harmonica is Buddy,
who although the video is of a highly professional performer and high
level harp player, it is no where near the level Robert has reached.
Robert seems upset that the general public does not understand his
work.

I totally understand the way Robert feels and have felt similiar
things when John Popper is the only harp player a layperson knows
about.  I love Popper, we've performed together  and he was nothing
but nice to me.  He is a great player.  But he does not deserve to be
the public's image of harmonica.

However, by venting his feelings on harp-l, Robert has seemed to
attack Buddy Greene, which is a tough sell since all Buddy's videos
suggest he is a very nice, professional person and great harp player.
So Robert, perhaps you will agree to do a search on Greene, watch an
hour's worth of Youtube and his website and come back with a report on
your opinions.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com