Re: [Harp-L] RE: Bands too expensive

Back in the spring this year, I spent a couple of months in America, based
in Arizona, but during the 9 weeks I was there, I played my harp in 7
States..
The bands I played with mostly were getting $300 to $500 per gig...  Now
for me as a "Brit" residing in the far east... That is pretty good  money.
Perhaps not enough to give up the day job.
But in other countries... For example, in the Philippines, a band is doing
VERY well to get $60 USD a gig....NOT EACH... Total for the whole band. The
last  gig I did in England, January 2009, , we got £120, in total,  as a
duo.  What? $100, US Bucks each.
Such is life!
OK... Over 40 years of TRYING to be a "pro" harp player, there has NEVER
been much money in it.
But "Overnight Success" is just around the corner...
One day!
John "Whiteboy" Walden
Cebu City
Philippines