[Harp-L] The Wonderful Internet

I tried to teach myself harmonica out of books about 30 years ago and only
got to a certain point before I was lost and gave it up.  A few years ago I
started noticing all the lessons, tips, techniques, etc. that were available
on Youtube by some top-notch players like Adam Gussow, Jason Ricci, Ronnie
Shellist, Jon Gindick, Chris Michalek and others and decided to try again.
I find the harmonica, both diatonic and chromatic, to be a wonderful
instrument and the harmonica community a very brotherly bunch.  I think
that's why I was taken aback a little bit by Robert Bonfiglio's seeming
condemnation of another harmonica player in an open forum.  I know how much
work and practice is needed to become an accomplished player and just feel
that we should try to help and encourage one another rather than demean
another player or the technology that allows us to be able to see and listen
to performances such as this one by Sugar Blue.  Without the internet I
doubt I ever would have been able to see something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iPKBEUEnJ8

And if you want to see how I'm progressing, with all of your help mind you,
please visit my channel at:

http://www.youtube.com/user/DesertRatDan

Thank you,

Daniel McKernan