Re: [Harp-L] The Wonderful Internet (BONFIGLIO'S RANT!!!!!!)

ROB,

As your student and harmonica professional, I must side with Zvi and others.

You have overstepped your bounds........I have watched with enjoyment many times the buddy greene rendition. It may not be note perfect for your tastes, but absolutely deserves to BE the viral video that it has become.

It inspires and entertains. Why do u draw the line to exclude such a wonderful show?

And as Zvi aptly states, you certainly do exactly what you are accusing buddy of doing.

your video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYuJtJjHrwU demonstrates how VASTLY superior your chromatic playing is to your diatonic playing. I think to put buddy down while performing the above video is hypocritical.

Perhaps you should relax more often and breath without judgement. You are an amazing musician who brings the harmonica to millions of musicians and we are appreciative of that. HOWEVER-------there may be some uptight classical musicians who feel the same way about you as the way you feel about buddy. For them, the harmonica should never be allowed to perform classical music. But you are on a mission as buddy is........so look for the good and it too shall follow you.

And consider........you might learn a few things about diatonic harmonica from buddy greene............):):): Maybe you two can get together sometime. I think you owe him an apology. The kool aid is too strong.,,):

RESPECTFULLY, your friend,

randy singer

ps

Re: [Harp-L] The Wonderful Internet
Posted by: "Zvi Aranoff" zviaranoff@xxxxxxxxx
Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:44 am (PDT)

I wonder what Buddy Greene would say about Bonfiglio's skills on the
diatonic..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYuJtJjHrwU

(Am I the only one who finds this clip painful to watch?)
Randy Singer
randy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
954.422.5888  office
954.929.7733  cell