[Harp-L] Re: The internet

Richard,
I agree that there are other talented harmonica players besides blues ones. I purposely listed as examples artists who are alive. No question that Little Walter would be top of the all time list. But Bonfiglio being the most skillled harmonica player ever? I would guess that in a vote among knowleadgable harmonica people he would hardly make the top 20. I do not disrespect any musician as you hinted. And what comes to backhanded putdowns, I think your idol was doing just that on this very page.
Harri

Harri Haka wrote:
<*Buddy Greene and Robert Bonfiglio might be talented novelty harp <players. And it was not nice to put the other one down, especially if <you are inferior to his playing. But one should not forget the real <talents. James Cotton, Charlie Musselwhite, Steve Guyger, R.J. Mischo, <James Harman, Willie Smith, Billy Boy Arnold, Rod Piazza, Mitch Kashmar <and others who are real harmonica players from the bottom of their soul. <They are the ones that deserve respect. They will not get it at Carnegie <Hall but rather at the places where people really come to listen to good <harmonica playing.

Harri, here are a few facts for you to consider going forward:

1) The blues is not the only music in the world, and far from the only music that matters.
2) People who play music other than blues are "real talents" and "real harmonica players" who play from "the bottom of their soul". That list includes people like Stevie Wonder and Toots Thielemans, by the way, who your comments above denigrate as surely as they denigrate Buddy Greene and Robert Bonfiglio.
3) People who play music besides blues "deserve respect". If you want respect, give respect. Your comments above are not designed to earn respect. 4) Robert Bonfiglio is probably the single most skilled harmonica player who has ever lived, and he doesn't need or deserve backhanded putdowns from anyone.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp" latest mp3s and harmonica blog at http://myspace.com/richardhunterharp
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick