[Harp-L] re: harmonica hypnosis...

Jon wrote:

"MOST good harmonica players have played A LOT and when they play, there is
sense that the harp is part of their body"

and:

"As they breathed in and out with the harp in their mouths I knew I had
acccidentally put the class into a hypnotic trance..."

Per Mickey Hart, drummer for the Grateful Dead:

"What we ( Mickey Hart and Bill Kreutzmann the other Grateful Dead drummer)
were doing back then, we were trying to become one. We had to play, six,
eight, 10 hours at a time. Memorize very complicated rhythmic passages. This
was when we were kids. We would go into deep hypnosis and we would make
suggestions to ourselves for whatever we were about to do, we’re going to
play for 12 hours now, not eating, no sleeping and just really focus on each
other and become one. We would give ourselves those kind of suggestions.
That’s how we got that root lock. That’s how we became the rhythm section.
We really focused strongly.

It was a technique. We used to hone our skills when we were kids. It allowed
us to dream it. It allowed us to be able to spend many hours continuously in
one place. "

One could be forgiven for believing Mickey Hart and Bill Kreutzmann used
more than just self hypnosis in order to play for 12 hours at a time without
sleeping or eating, but still...

--
Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.myspace.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals