Re: [Harp-L] For Sale Vintage 1951 Shure Black CR-81 element HOT 1197 Ohms

The real red flag when buying these is when the seller is a harp player and dosent comment on the tone of the element. What year and the ohms means nothing. Alot of guys buy these and when they turn out to not be as toneful as they wanted they do a  turn around re-selling them. The best way to buy a 200.00 element is to get the seller to agree on a refund if you dont like the performance, tone ect. of the element! I hope this post helps my fellow harp players that do not have the experience buying mic elements as some do.

--- On Wed, 10/13/10, Brian Walker <bluesking55@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Brian Walker <bluesking55@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] For Sale Vintage 1951 Shure Black CR-81 element HOT 1197 Ohms
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, October 13, 2010, 5:22 PM

This was the original microphone that came new with a 1951 Revere T-100 reel to
reel recorder so it saw very little use and was well cared for.  This Black
Controlled Reluctance element is dated 4th week 1951 and the ohms read 1197.
This info is much more than you get off ebay. email me for pictures Harp-L has
first chance for this and then it goes on ebay. Asking $199.00 plus $5 s/h.