[Harp-L] RE: Bonfiglio, Buddy G and the sociology of the

Hate to see all this negative stuff about Jerry Lee, he's one of the
greats. But, yeah, you have to catch him on a good night. I've seen him
five times. About 20 years ago I saw him do a great show in San
Francisco. Told the crowd that he wasn't getting a dime for the gig, it
was all going to the IRS (and some ex-wives, too, I bet). He then
proceeded to knock us out for over two hours, he even took some
requests.

Saw him about five years ago at the House of Blues in Anaheim, and he
was pleasant enough. But the sound sucked and it bothered him. He also
didn't like the Yamaha piano they provided. He did his best w/ what they
gave him to work with.

BTW: Rumor is that he exchanged the booze for the weed sometime in the
late '80's/early 90's, and he's been a lot more consistent ever since.
But that's just a rumor.

Message: 9