[Harp-L] Re: Line Out question (one more)

I have had a line-out jack added to 3 of my 4 tube amps. If using a 1/4 inch standard instrument cable, a Hi-Z input on the PA must be used for an adequate signal. Otherwise the signal is very weak and just about useless. I have had great success using a DI box with an XLR as well. I do not have have an output control attached to any of the line-out jacks. They are controlled strictly by the volume or master volume potentiometers on the amps which of course, also drive the speaker(s).
As a side-note, I have used both the line-out AND miced the amp simultaneously into the PA using 2 channels. This allows for the sound of the combo amp's miced speaker into one channel of the PA as well as providing additional bottom end into the other PA channel when using my Fender Champ which doesn't produce much bass out of the stock 8" speaker. Makes for some very interesting combinations and variations of your tone on the fly. Also kinda fun for stereo effects. It helps to own the PA as well!
When playing gigs where there is a house PA and set up time is a factor, experience has taught me that the easier you make the PA tech and/or soundmans job when it comes to amplifying the harp, the better my gig will be. A line-out to either a Hi-Z input using a 1/4 inch or a DI into a LO-Z (XLR) PA input is a no-brainer.
On the other hand, I did an impromtu gig the other day and didnt bring an amp at all! I used my Lone Wolf Harp Attack pedal and Boss-DM2 straight into the board (using a 1/4 inch) and received more compliments on my tone than I ever have. Technology these days!!!!