Re: [Harp-L] RE: Bonfiglio, Buddy G and the sociology of the

In a message dated 20/10/2010 04:58:11 Malay Peninsula Standard Time,
shellerman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<Hate to see all this negative stuff about Jerry Lee, he's  one of the
greats. But, yeah, you have to catch him on a good night. I've  seen him
five times

All great artists have off days... I saw Marion Walter Jacobs play in
London in 1967... At the Odeon Shepherds Bush, London, England... The venue that
 was later called "The Apollo"
 (OK... I was still a kid!)

He was... A  great disappointment to me .. He was, stoned or drunk, or
both..

BUT.. Little Walter is STILL "My Hero"!

He was one of the best harmonicists EVER. But he was a difficult human
being.

Genius... Yes...  But not an easy person, and he was a VERY  "depressed"
person..

Like most great musicians!

I consider Little Walter to be the greatest harp player... YET...

John "Whiteboy" Walden.

PS
"You are as good as... Your last gig!"... And NEVER EVER meet your  "Hero" .