[Harp-L] Technology these days ( Michael Posey)

Michael said: ........When playing gigs where there is a house PA and set up
time is a factor, experience has taught me that the easier you make the PA
tech and/or soundmans job when it comes to amplifying the harp, the better
my gig will be. A line-out to either a Hi-Z input using a 1/4 inch or a DI
into a LO-Z (XLR) PA input is a no-brainer.
....... Technology these days!!!!...........

I use a Shure 520 DX  from which I took the 127 unit and replaced it with an
R198, delightful to play into. (...Man this flame suit is tight!...)

I went to a gig recently, without an amp or pedal, ( I just asked for treble
cut and a little reverb) and the sound man refused to accept my Green
Bullet.
Quote "someone has been messing with it, it should be a balanced line but
it's only got a 6mm jack, it's not going into MY system!"
Looking at the rat's nest of his system I decided that I'd take up his offer
of a battered SM58 rather than argue.
The sound was OK, I got my reverb.

Geoff Atkins