RE: [Harp-L] Norton Buffalo & the Many Harps

Please allow me:

He is switching harps as the chords change. I've been doing it for years. This is one of my all time favorite harmonica solos and if you can pull it off in a live show, it always, always gets a round of applause. Here it is, simply put without doing a music chord chart or going into modality explainations and/or theory stuff. Just "think" 2nd position:

C chord played /  F harp used
Bb  "        "      /  Eb harp
Ab  "        "      /  Db harp
G    "        "      /  C   harp (ending on the #1 hole blow which brings you back to C)
repeat chord (& harp) progression

Thanks for the video. I have never seen him do it. I'll bet he dropped a harp from time to time. :D

The way I do the switching is by holding all 4 harps between my fingers. This style of holding does not allow for tight cupping but if you have the chops and the right gear it works. I use an old vintage JT30 Astatic with an old vintage Switchcraft volume control. I do not adjust the VC while performing this solo though.

Happy Harpin'
Buck W