Re: [Harp-L] Marine Band Life Span?

In a message dated 22/10/2010 04:34:58 Malay Peninsula Standard Time,
soundguyaudition@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  How long does a regular out of the box Hohner Marine Band âtypicallyâ
last?  >>
How long is a piece of string?
It depends largely on your style of play. When I was working in a heavy
metal band, I'd blow out one or two new short harps most every night...   That
got expensive!

These days I don't play so hard or so loud, and a harp will certainly last
me several months before loosing its tune.

Chromatic harmonicas have always lasted me much longer... OK they need
servicing from time to time, and the occasional reed will go flat, and have  to
be replaced. But apart from the constant problems with windsavers/valves,
and  sometimes the comb failing,  a chromatic seems to last more or less
indefinitely.

John "Whiteboy" Walden
Cebu City
Philippines.