[Harp-L] Which Key?

There were two Irish musicians who had the reputation of being able to say
instantly what key the Band was playing in when they entered a Dance Hall or
a session.
These two guys were a popular singer called Sonny Knowles and a skilled
exponent of the "Typewriter" (five row box) named Fintan Stanley. Their
facility was considered to be a sort of God given gift like "Perfect Pitch"
Thanks to this list I have been introduced to several YouTube videos showing
how ordinary citizens can learn this trick and I think that I may be
eventually able to do it.
Two pominent posters to Harp-L , whose names I shall not divulge for fear of
subjecting them to an avalanche of enquiries, have given me valuable tips
off line on both identifying key and learning to read music. I am duly
grateful to both of them.
Long Live Harp-L
Aongus Mac Cana