From: "MundHarp@xxxxxxx" <MundHarp@xxxxxxx>
To: soundguyaudition@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, October 21, 2010 10:02:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Marine Band Life Span?

In a message dated 22/10/2010 04:34:58 Malay Peninsula Standard Time,
soundguyaudition@xxxxxxxxx writes:
<< How long does a regular out of the box Hohner Marine Band âtypicallyâ last?

How long is a piece of string?
It depends largely on your style of play. When I was working in a heavy metal
band, I'd blow out one or two new short harps most every night... That got
expensive!

These days I don't play so hard or so loud, and a harp will certainly last
meÂseveral months before loosing its tune.

Chromatic harmonicas have always lasted me much longer... OK they need servicing
from time to time, and the occasional reed will go flat, andÂhave to be
replaced. But apart from the constant problems with windsavers/valves, and
sometimes the comb failing, Âa chromatic seems to last more or less
indefinitely.

John "Whiteboy" Walden
Cebu City
Philippines.