Re: [Harp-L] American Musical Supply blowing out Digitech RPs

captron100@xxxxxxx wrote:
<What does the term "B-Stock" mean?

Here's what AMS says:
Factory B-Stock Items
These products may have been demonstration models, close-outs or discontinued items. Thus, the price has been reduced. They may exhibit minor cosmetic blemishes but have been fully tested and are in perfect working order. To assure your satisfaction every item includes the Manufacturer's Warranty and the AMS 45-Day Money-Back Guarantee. In some cases, the manufacturer's B-Stock warranty may be shorter than their standard warranty. Our Gold Lock Protection applies to many B-Stock products, extending the original warranty for 12 months, Free of charge. Special offers, promotions and rebates may not apply.
I've bought a lot of B-stock gear over the years, and all but a couple of purchases have been fine.  In fact, I find that I have no more problems with B-stock gear than I have with items sold as new (usually at around 2/3 the price of new, with the same warranty), which is why I buy a lot of B-stock gear.

The warranties offered by AMS basically mean that the only thing you're risking when you buy a piece of B-stock from them is the return postage. For a device the size and weight of an RP, that's not a lot of money.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick