From: Rick Dempster <rick.dempster@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Replaceable Reeds
To: winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, October 22, 2010, 4:34 AM

Sorry Winslow;
                      I've probably missed something. But what is the
'screw post method'?
RD

>>> Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx> 22/10/10 6:19 PM >>>
if you tap the reedplate, screw a screw into it, and strip the hole in
the reedplate, you have a problem.

I have harmonicas where I've spent a lot of time working the reeds and
the reedplates, and have also replaced the same reed more than once. I
feel that the best way to protect my investment is to use the screw post
method. I can always replace the post if it strips, but having to
enlarge the rivet hole in the reedplate to use a larger size screw for
JUST THAT ONE reed would be a drag. An ounce of prevention, as they say.

Winslow

Winslow Yerxa
Harmonica instructor, The Jazzschool for Music Study and Performance
Resident expert, bluesharmonica.com
Columnist, harmonicasessions.com