Re: [Harp-L] Replaceable Reeds

On Oct 22, 2010, at 4:26 PM, Vern wrote:
  I prefer to avoid the nuts and the countersinking operation.
Vern

And I would avoid the countersinking because it takes away "THREAD bearance", and cuts the bearance for a #90 screw from approx 3 1/2 turns burried in the 'meat' of the brass to less than 2 turns. Even a shallow angled flat head mach screw will do this. Even eyeglasses have better bearance than this in the nose standoffs.

smo-joe