Re: [Harp-L] replaceable reeds

The assembly takes up too much room for a chromatic. Might work for a diatonic.
smo-joe

On Oct 24, 2010, at 1:14 AM, joe hagins wrote:

This seem like the best design I have seen why didnt it caught on!

~Joseph

--- On Sat, 10/23/10, joe leone <3n037@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: joe leone <3n037@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] replaceable reeds
To: "fjm" <bad_hat@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Harp L Harp L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 9:34 PM

On Oct 23, 2010, at 3:55 PM, fjm wrote:

> Here's a link to an image of what it is that Paul N. was trying to explain with his post regarding the replaceable reeds. U.S. Army Band harmonica comb with individually replaceable reeds. Here's the link,
>
> http://tiny.cc/38gvz
>
> fjm

Yes, this is exactly what I was talking about to Dave Payne a couple nights ago on the phone. Upside down 'T' shaped individual shoes each carrying their own reed.

The T shape allows positive indexing into the carrier/chassis. In the gun world, a dovetail shape is used to index parts but in the 'Organ' world, the T shape is used.

As you slide the shoe into the chassis, the fit gets 'press fit' tighter until as the shoe bottoms out, you are tight and leak free.

I have Whurlitzer organ reeds exactly like these.

smo-joe