[Harp-L] tunings

Thank you to the harp-l folks for the help with harmonica tunings. I learned
about that particular tuning from a Keyboard Magazine interview with Herbie
Hancock. I didn't know that harmonic and melodic minor scales had modes just
as major keys did. I've been using odd scales to play vaguely ethnic
psychedelic music on synthesizers and thought the harp would sound
interesting mixed in with all the synthesizer weirdness.. I think, rather
than have custom built harps with exotic scales, I will merely use several
normal tuned harps. In the key of A I think I can alternate between D harp
in 2nd and an Bb in 2nd.

I'm not entirely sure why the last note of the scale is both a flatted and a
natural 7th. Must be a jazz thing.

--
Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.myspace.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals