From: Richard Hunter <turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, October 25, 2010 3:02:28 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] harp vs. guitar

The hardest instrument to learn is always your first, whatever that is, because
that's the one where you learn to play music.

Playing an instrument is about mechanics, which almost anyone can master given
time, effort, and a little knowledgeable help.  Playing music is about
connecting a physical gesture with an emotion, and that's a lot harder than
learning where to put your fingers to get a certain sound.

Once you've learned to play music, the next instrument is a lot easier than the
first.

And of course ANY dummy can play a guitar...

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick