Re: [Harp-L] Who to mod my Champ 600

Last Sunday at the blues jam we host at Ziggies in Denver, AC Blue brought
in a Champion 600 amp that Bruce Collins had modified for harp a few days
ago.  It was not a 5F1 retro-fit;  he simply replaced some components to
voice the amp better for harp and added a line out jack.

AC lined the little amp out to his big keyboard amp (AC is a killer keys
player, too) and played harp using his EV RE-10 mic.  I gotta tell ya....
the tone was impressive.  This was late in the jam and it was quite loud (as
it often is when guitar players and drummers get drunk.)  AC's harp cut
through like a hacksaw.  Nice rip and grunt in the tone.

I kick myself for not getting video of it.  I think you'd be impressed.  The
Champion 600 amp was used pretty much as a pedal; no way you could hear it.
Pretty cool.
--
-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog