From: Ken Hildebrand <airmojoken@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Zombor Kovacs <zrkovacs@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, October 29, 2010 8:56:15 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Another man done gone

Hi Zombor,

Its a real old son... I think Sonny Boy Williamson II (Rice Miller) did a
version of this song.

"Another man done gone" means that another man died or was killed...

Here's some lyrics that I found on the internet... might not be exact to what
Alex Paclin is singing on the YouTube video, but similar:

Another man done gone (another man done gone)
Another man done gone another man done gone another man done gone
Another man done gone (another man done gone
Another man done gone another man done gone)
He had a long chain on (he had a long chain on
He had a long chain on he had a long chain on)
They hung him in a tree they hung him in a tree
They let his children see they let his children see
(When he was hangin' dead) when he was hangin' dead
The captain turn his head the captain turn his head
He's from the county farm (he's from the county farm

He's from the county farm he's from the county farm)
I didn't know his name (I didn't know his name
I didn't know his name I didn't know his name)
Another man done gone another man done gone another man done gone
Another man done gone (another man done gone
Another man done gone another man done gone)
Another man done gone another man done gone another man done gone

Hope that helps... cool song with a low-keyed harp !

Ken H in OH