[Harp-L] Reed slot needs to be shortened

I got back some custom made reed plates from my EDM guy only to find that one of the slots was mis-cut a about .045" too long (in .040" thick brass - slots are .0835 wide).  I recall a discussion here a while ago about how to shorten a slot.  I believe epoxy and/or solder were mentioned. My plan would be to try and gracefully place a gob of epoxy or solder in the end of the slot and then file it into shape.  Or should I try and make a little plug of brass and then solder that into place?  (I have lots of brass scraps.)

I have 8 of these to fix so it is worth doing a bit of research first.  All advice or suggestions will be appreciated.

Doug H