Re: [Harp-L] Reed slot needs to be shortened

Hm. I surely don't have 100 years experience in reed design, but whenever I have
a length problem, I just choose a longer reed, and cut it to the right length.
Then I just adjust pitch with removing or adding weight. So far it worked.
Certainly this was only for individual reed replacements. As I understood in
this case we have loads of reeds so it is different. However to shorten dozens
of reedslots is also a lot of fuss.

Another way is to bolt the reeds to the reedplate with a thinner bolt than the
rivet itself. I have such bolts and nuts (size M1) , and they allow some
adjustment so the reed can be moved forward to get the correct gap settings all
around. In fact this may be the quickest and simplest way. Aligning the reed
will need some work, but it is not that bad.

May I ask in what way are those custom reedplates special?

Zombor