[Harp-L] SPAH, Wezo and my Masco

Dear list,

  I took some fond memories with me back from SPAH but I also bagged a very cool Masco ME-18 head which, before buying, I knew to be a particularly good harmonica amplifier. This model has a very simple circuit design with a grid lead bias input pentode, a twin triode paraphase PI, a 6L6 push pull cathode bias and a treble bleed tone control. The same basic circuit than the MA-17, the model of choice for many Masco lovers, but with different preamp tubes plus a choke.
  This particular ME-18 (tubes: 1x6SJ7, 1x6SL7, 2x6L6GC, 1x5U4) revealed itself to be incredibly harp friendly after having been tweaked by Dale Laslie, who is currently developping a whole new line of harmonica amps with Mike "Wezo" Wesolowski, at MegaTone Amplifiers.
  Not only has it enough power --30 watts-- to compete with your average guitar amp but it's tone is controlled by a "voice switch" that allows to go from "clean" to "break-up" in a wimp. Back home, I played my JT-30 (ceramic element) thru a 1956 12" Jensen AlNiCo 5 speaker (concert series) and an extension cab that sports four 1962 6"x9" Jensens. In both cases, Dale's voicing produced a sound that was full, rich, and crunchy.
  Apparently, he must have been himself very pleased with that sound: in a recent email, he announced me that he had designed a smaller combo inspired by the ME-18. This amp will available in the coming months with a 10" speaker and "a few *added features", according to Mike Wesolowski. I am very curious to hear what it will sound like...
  Sunnyside

*