[Harp-L] Country tuning name change

Jerl wrote:

> I recommend changing the phrase " Country Tuning" to " Major 7th tuning " or whatever to clear people minds that it is used for all genres of
>music and not just Country.
> Jerl Welch

Joe replied:
I agree 100% hero. When I listen to your Nashville tape, I hear country. Some of the best I have ever heard, btw. .........snip...........
   Phil Duncan did a seminar at spah about country tuning. He said that  it wasn't necessary to also raise the #9. Well, if you play up there
a lot, it IS necessary.

I ask:
  What is this Nashville tape u refer to?  I'd like to hear some of the best country we have ever heard too.
  Re country tuning, isn't that called Paddy Richter tuning when both the 5 hole draw and the 9 hole are raised a half step?  I use CT a lot and haven't missed the raised 9th hole, but then again, i've never tried it.
  Btw, i thought we were gonna call these new names "SmoJoe tuning" or somesuch after it's inventor, no?    :)
ron