Re: [Harp-L] Charlie Musselwhite on the Jay Leno show

lauper, a pop singer, tried to sing blues, and look real tortured doing it, and wound up torturing a slow version of crossroads...lang did most of the singing, and i don't care for his "i'm a tortured soul" act...pretty much a horrific waste of time...
but lang's guitar sounded xlnt, and he played oustanding stuff. musselwhite's tone wasn't THAT impressive, but you could hear him in the mix just fine...his playing was as dull as it has become the last coupla years.  vibrato is too smooth and lifeless.  just not interesting playing...maybe he's not concentrating on his playing...he's probably thinking to himself, "wow, cyndi can't sing blues, but i sure am getting a paycheck for this clown act.  uh-huh.  i just hope that guy on harp-l, frain, doesn't rip my playing again, doggone it.  of course what has HE done as a musician?  i'm gonna kick his azz when i tour through austin...grrrr...."