Re: [Harp-L] Re: Who are the top Blues Harp Pros? I got their autographs

I have been getting autographs of local and national talents as they come
to Boston area and I have been having them sign my harp cases. I also make
sure to buy their Cd's they are selling to help em out.

In a message dated 9/2/2010 10:59:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mlefree@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

DPWatson72@xxxxxxx Writes:
> I hope this link to my Flickr page  works.  It shows my 1953 Danelectro
> Twin Twelve amp.  I  bought this from Sonny Jr. about 5-6 years ago.   It
sounds
>  great. I play out with it at jams in the Washington, DC area.  I
started
> lugging it around to shows and collecting autographs.  I  even took  it
to San
> Jose to one of David Barrett's  seminars.  I've added more since  this
> picture was  taken.
>
>  _http://www.flickr.com/photos/45556011@N03/4182454091/_
>  (http://www.flickr.com/photos/45556011@N03/4182454091/)
>
> Here's  who I have so far:  Kim Wilson, Rick Estrin, Joe Filisko, Mark
>  Wenner, Rod Piazza, Mark Hummel, James Harmon, Pierre Beauregard, Magic
Dick,
> Corky Siegal, Lee Oskar, James Cotton, John Mayall, Charlie  Musselwhite,
> Annie  Raines, Big Boy Little, Hugh Feeley, Deak  Harp, Ward Gaines,
Dennis
> Gruenling,  Mitch Kashmar, Lil Ronnie,  Doug Jay, Greg "Fingers" Taylor,
Allen
> Holmes, Adam  Gussow, Lazy  Lester and one more I can't figure out!
>
> It's been a lot of  fun.
>
> Too Slim Dave Watson
> Alexandria, Va

Now  that amp definitely has MOJO! Very cool. Bet it sounds great, too,
Dave.

As it happens I am working on what I am convinced is the coolest  harp
pouch ever. It's brown leather foldover pouch with 7 slots that I  made
myself. I made it bown instead of black so I could have famous  harpers
autograph it (and still be able to see the autographs...   ;o). The first
signature was Jason Ricci's back in 2003 - 2004 from a gig  at some honky
tonk in podunk Western Colorado. As it happens the last  signature was
Howard Levy's, obtained at SPAH. Pretty good bookends. In  between it has
about 30-40 signatures of my favorite harpers on it. My  problem is that
there's very little room left on it and I've not met  nearly enough
killer harpers so far. I'll work on posting a picture of  it.

Someone asked a while back if gear can have Mojo. I think  so!

BTW, Dave, I'm pleased to have had to carry only my harp pouch for  my
signatures. My back would ever permit carrying an entire amp to all
those gigs.  :-)

Michelle