Re: [Harp-L] Charlie Musselwhite on the Jay Leno show

That said, it's my opinion that the arrangement of this song really didn't work for me, nor did Jonny Lang's way over the top theatrics. I mean, the scrunched up face might work for a brief moment to add emphasis to some over the top note or section of the solo, but looking like you're constipated and trying to squeeze one out for the whole song is kind of ridiculous, especially when it's kind of a slow song! He took 85% of the song between the tortured (as someone else put it) singing and guitar solos. But, others may well have loved that. just saying it didn't work for me. I have to wonder what Charlie was thinking!

Bill Hines

I agree 100%. Cyndi did fine, Charlie did great. Lang ruined it. Tried too hard. Screamed too much. Follows along with my series of articles some 10 years ago entitled 'Harmonica....no respect'.
smo-joe