[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 85, Issue 18

Amen, on both counts.

Harry

On Sep 3, 2010, at 3:52 PM, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 14:23:06 -0400
From: Bill Hines <billhines4@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Charlie Musselwhite on the Jay Leno show
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

... it hurts
me to see someone as genuinely nice as Charlie, and a humble legend how
has performed so well every time I've seen him, essentially trashed in a
disrespectful manner on a public list like this.

..... the arrangement of this song really

didn't work for me, nor did Jonny Lang's way over the top theatrics. I
mean, the scrunched up face might work for a brief moment to add
emphasis to some over the top note or section of the solo, but looking
like you're constipated and trying to squeeze one out for the whole song
is kind of ridiculous, especially when it's kind of a slow song! He took
85% of the song between the tortured (as someone else put it) singing
and guitar solos. But, others may well have loved that. just saying it
didn't work for me. I have to wonder what Charlie was thinking!

Bill Hines