Re: [Harp-L] Charlie Musselwhite on the Jay Leno show

Who is responsible for cluing Leno in on who is the HARP LEGEND on the stage and who are the blues frauds ? Other than that, I'm glad Charlie is getting some exposure and is still insp iring young harp players like he did to me 38 yrs. ago.

----- Original Message -----
From: "H.T." <imanonimous@xxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx, sawdoc58@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, September 3, 2010 12:11:44 PM
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Charlie Musselwhite on the Jay Leno show

I thought Charlie played fine, but he wasn't featured at all; they
gave the whole performance to Johnny Lang. Charlie had no opportunity
to be out front and I thought the harp was too low in the mix to make
judgements about tone, but it could be heard at least. The performance
wasn't about harmonica, which is fine, but also wasn't about Jay Leno
having any clue that he had a genuine icon of blues history on his
stage. He fawned over Lauper, treated Lang like the star, and ignored
Charlie completely.

I don't watch late night talk shows, but this did confirm two things
I've believed for some time: Jay Leno isn't funny anymore, and music
on talk shows sucks.

Harry