Re: [Harp-L] SPAH 2010 #'s and....

I would only add to what Warren said by urging more members to attend the
annual SPAH meeting.

I didn't do a complete count, but I think there were only about 50 people
in the audience.   This means that all the discussion at the SPAH meeting was
limited to "preaching to the choir" because most of the members of SPAH who
attended the convention were not there.

This has been the case in previous SPAH meetings I've attended over the
years. And then after the fact, people come out of the woodwork and complain
about how SPAH is being run and why isn't their personal (and expensive plan)
ever considered?

Every year after SPAH, many of the same complaints appear -- but none of
these people ever show up at the Annual Meeting?

As far as the staff, my personal take is that the members of the SPAH board
and local club members and other volunteers at the convention do a stelar
job and that you couldn't find a better quality bunch of people if you hired
an executive search company and had unlimited funds.

Hope to see you at the next annual SPAH meeting.
Phil Lloyd