RE: [Harp-L] Chicago Bound - The truth. SJ

There's an important omission in this discussion that has to be included: Jimmy Rogers' seminal set of recordings released in the Vintage Series of LP's as Chess 407 (Chicago Bound) also contains one of the defining recordings of Big Walter Horton--that's him, of course, on Walking By Myself.  It's one of Big Walter's most brilliant moments, arguably one of the most single most influential solos in amplified harp.  Dontcha think?  Just my humble opinion...  The liner notes don't say that Little Walter plays on every tune included on the LP--they correctly credit Big Walter as playing on Walking By Myself but they've got it wrong when they also say he's heard on You're The One--that tune should've been credited to Little Walter.  You can tell right away that it's not Big Walter on You're The One and it's full of trademark Little Walter phrasing.  Mike Leadbitter & Neil Slaven's book, Blues Records, differs from the erroneous liner notes, showing Little Walter on You're The One.  The session which included Big Walter's great Walking By Myself also produced If It Ain't Me, which was originally released only on a 45rpm, until Chess came out with those double albums--the Chess Blues Masters Series--with the goofy cartoon pics of the artists.  You can find the only other tune from the Walking By Myself session featuring Big Walter on that double album.