From: GINO <ginoharmonica@xxxxxxxxx>
To: John Sturm <johnsmusic52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, September 5, 2010 10:48:37 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] B radical

Hey John, I wanted to share with you about your concerns and give you my
observations.
   When I have purchased custom hand crafted harps in the past I had to wait up
to a year or more (Richard Sleigh, Rupert Oysler, Brad Harrison etc). There is a
patients that has to be understood. My understanding from seeing the operation
in Harrison Harmonicas' plant first hand, is that they have government red tape
along with the usual small business start up obstacles. I know Brad wants to
train more people and put them to work in production so to reduce the wait time
for his customers. I can't even begin to describe all of the red tape associated
with the government grant and small business loan process that these guys have
had to and are still going thru in their effort to employ more people.

   The most interesting thing for me are their R & D capabilities. I am
anticipating some ground breaking advancements in their instruments if Brad can
get through the government BS. red tape, hire more help and devote more time to
research and development. Their harps are already designed to last longer (no
joke) and be easier to service. remember,,,IF, you could get Richard Sleigh to
make you custom harps, big IF, and probably not, you would wait around a year
and pay $300 for one set up to overblow.

   Don't loose heart. You can call David Payne @ 312-379-9427. He'll probably
give you an anticipated date of Feb 1. I've seen the entire process and have
been considering becoming a financial investor in this company. They have way
too many good and innovative ideas. This is a good company. I've known Brad for
10 years and am watching him put in 15 hour days, sleep in the factory, and
spend many trying hours trying to deal with everything from production, to
finance, to machinery, to patents, to government red tape. I also know he wants
his customers to be satisfied and stands behind the quality of every instrument.
Do random checks on his competitors quality and you will find huge
inconsistencies. You get what you pay for. Ever use tools made in Taiwan or
China ? Usually gota throw them away after a couple uses.
   Once you receive your harp(s) you should be in great shape. So I want
to encourage you, "don't be discouraged, hang in there till you get them". You
have only tied up $30 as a deposit. Your alternatives are:

1) be patient with Harrison Harmonicas
2) order custom harps from someone else,
   pay more and wait another year
3) buy cheaper, inferior quality, less consistent harps
   that you will have to replace/repair more often, thus
   making them more expensive than first thought

   Good luck John, you'll be OK

           Gino
  "LICENSE TO SMOKE"
http://www.ginoharmonica.com