[Harp-L] RE: most popular kind of harmonica

Yo Glenn,

That sounds correct to me...

Tremolo harmonicas are the most popular harmonicas in Asia, and there are many more harmonica players in China than anyplace else on earth.
I suspect 10 hole diatonics would be the most popular harmonica in Europe, North America and South America.
When I was a judge at the Asia Pacific Harmonica Festival in Taiwan a few years ago there were over 2000 harmonica players there and about 20 of them played 10 hole diatonics.

I am now reviewing a book in which the author claims that the the tremolo harmonica is the model most widely sold in the world. I'm skeptical of this, as I would have thought that it is the 10-hole diatonic. Can anyone tell me which type of harmonica is the best seller overall? Responses from folks in the industry would be especiall appreciated.
-Glenn Weiser

Peter Madcat Ruth
madcat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.madcatmusic.net