[Harp-L] Subject: Re: Lee Oskar and War copyright Lawsuit

Trying again with the War copyright Url:

http://tinyurl.com/33cc7hx

"Lee Oskar and other band members of War suing Pepsico over usage  of one
of their songs.

_http://tinyurl.com/25tds7q_ (http://tinyurl.com/25tds7q)

no Harmonica content other than Lee being a harmonica  player/manufacturer,
but it'll be interesting to see what happens with this  particular
copyright issue.

The song? 'Why Can't We Be Friends' from 1975...the issue is over  the use
of their voices without negotiating with the artists, not the actual
ownership of the song (as near as I can figure out).

Elizabeth"