Re: [Harp-L] Tongue blocking

Winslow says:
 1. Do not press your tongue hard against the harp. This is a poor
substitute for bending technique and will lead to both bad tone and
poor control. Bending is done inside the mouth and not at the entry
point into the harp. Also, pressing hard will cause friction that will
slow you down and can also cause abrasion of the tongue. It can also
promote tension, which is never good.

I disagree, I have been pushing my tongue harder against the harp to
help bend tongue blocked notes forever, I like my tongue blocked tone
as well as my single note tone and have as much control with it.
Perhaps my "push harder" is actually a very subtle push harder and
Winslow is warning against real hard pushing.

I also think a little tension is healthy in a marriage.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com